Saturday, July 10, 2010

The delicious food


Dr. Jih in America told us that we would get a tummy ache because the food was so good. He was not lieing everthing is delicious. We went for breakfast with him to get our first real experience of Taiwanese food. I had no idea what to expect. When we first walked up I wasn't sure how good it would be because it was a lot of big dumplings and look very different than what I am used to, but the food was really good. We had some pork pot sticker type things, and even had a cabage dumpling. I am not a big cabagae fan at all but how they made it tasted great.


For lunch yesterday I ate with Dr. Chin. He is the professor here in Taiwan that has setup the trip. He took us to a noodle place and I had a beef noodle soup type dish. It again was way better than I thought. The best part is that the food is extremely cheap, so hopefully I will not eat to much. The beef noodle bowl in the picture only cost around $2.50 and it was way more then I could finish. I can't wait to keep trying more new things. So far I have had the noodle soup, cabage dumpling, pork pot stickers, green onion dumplings, and a few other things that I have no idea what they were. At this point I am willing to try everything I can to get the most full experience possible. Ha well maybe not everything but I do like to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment