Tuesday, July 20, 2010

National Palace Museum






We were able to go to the National Palace Museum, and it was one of the places I was looking forward to the most. It has been ranked as one of the best museums in the world, and it lived up to the expectations. I haven't been to a museum in a long time, and I think being older played a big role in my enjoyment. As a kid I would run through and pay little attention to the displays, but this time I was able to actually appreciate it more.


Inside the museum there were many artifacts, paintings, and other anciet items from China's cutlture. We saw many items that were over 15,000 years old. I was suprised at how many wine holders there were, but I guess they enjoyed a drink everyone once in a while. It was also amazing to see paintings of what the cities and people were like a long time ago. Seeing those moments captured really allowed me to get a good understanding of how people lived back then.

1 comment:

  1. When you go back Amercia, you can show off that you have been to world-renowned National Palace Museum with your family or friends. To propaganda Taiwan's culture and history.

    ReplyDelete