Monday, July 12, 2010

Hanging Out and Cooking With Dr. Chin.




On Saturday July 10 Dr. Chin invited us over to his home to cook dumplings and hangout. It was the first time I ever made dumplings and it was a lot of fun. He already had the inside part mixed up when we got there and it consisted mostly of beer and some seasonings. Then he would take little dough balls and roll them out so they were flat. It was actually really easy to make the dumpling once everything was in place. All I had to do was scoop the filing on the middle of the dough and then close it around forming a shape almost like a taco. Then in the kitchen Liddee would drop them in hot water and let them cook for a few minutes. It was really good and I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone and Dr. Chin. He took really good care of us and was extrememly welcoming. He also prepared some cucumber salad and cut up a fresh pineapple for us.
The first picture on the left is me and Dr. Chin from opening ceremony, and the other picture was taking at Dr. Chins house after we were all full from dumplings. Going from left to right the people are Rick (my roommate), Ari, Matt, Dr. Chin, myself, Becky, Ankit, Nick, Paulina, and Ivan. Ivan and Matt are from Pittsburg State and all the other students are from MTSU.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are learning how to duplicate these recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed how Dr Chin invited us into his home for dinner. It shows how nice and friendly the people here in Taiwan are. Also the dumplings were great!

    ReplyDelete